Application: Screw type chain stopper is produced following the shipbuilding standard GB/T 178-1996. It is applicable to all types of ships whose anchor chain diameter is from 22 to 102mm. Screw type chain stopper has two types: type A is applicable to grade 2 anchor chain (diameter ranges from 22~66mm); type B is applicable to grade 3 anchor chain (diameter ranges from 50~102mm). To meet GL, LR, DNV or other classification societies’ regulatory requirements, screw type chain stopper can withstand 80% of anchor chain’s minimum breaking load without any permanent deformation.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.
Features of Screw Type Chain Stopper GB T178-96 Type B
1. Standard: Screw Type Chain Stopper GB T178-96 Type B;
2. Material: cast steel for roller and chassis, carbon steel for other parts;
3. Nominal Anchor Chain Diameter: type B 50~102mm;
4. Color: red, black, blue, gray or any other colors for reference;
5. Help reduce the working load to protect the anchor windlass;
6. Friction surface are painted with lubricating oil, and other part of surface painted with bitumen paint;
7. No defects to influence the strength of chain stopper;
8. Get the quality certification of ISO, ABS,CCS,LR,NK etc.;
9. Can be customized for special requirements;